CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Retro Beauty

Awhile ago I saw a really cool black and White/sepia copic tutorial and this stamp just screamed retro to me.  I really wanted to try to make this look sepia colored with black matting like the older photos.  It was VERY easy to color this way once you had the right colors.  for the black and white photo look you need to use copics but all the grey C's and if you want the sepia look you use the gray W's (that's warm and cool tones).  For this I used all of the W's (W1, W3, W5, W7) for the skin I used E43, E41, E43.  these are pretty light earth tones and really help keep the look.  I used a scor-pal to make the grid on the background and some pretty kaiser rhinestones that are colored pink to give a hint of color.

The sentiment says with all my heart so I think this card really qualifies for this months "LOVE" challenge.  Have you played along???  This theme is really fun because love cards just make people happy!  You have until the end of February to enter so hopefully you found some fun inspiration! 

Supplies: Copics (W1, W3, W5, W7, E40, E41, E43), Rhinestones, The Greeting Farm (Cheeky Beauty), Scor-Pal

1 comment:

Teresa Kline said...

this is so adorable, great coloring...have a fantastic week!

enjoy *~*

Copyright

Copyrighted material

All content included on my site is COPYRIGHT ©2008-2011 Lisa Helmts-Rasmussen. Original artwork is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication, submissions, or design contests. If you use any of my designs or CASE my work please give credit where credit is due.

I do receive some products either at a discount or for free in receipt of design work.