CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Paper Pretties Challenge

I have been a fan of Paper pretties since I first started stamping. That was about 4 years ago and that was also when the very first Sophia stamp came out (cuddle me). Recently, paper pretties changed hands and has a new owner, My old Firecracker Design Team member Heather! I am so happy for her new adventure and wholeheartedly support this endeavor!!!!!! It does help that I am HOPELESSLY addicted to Sophia and anything that has her connected to it :)

So the pretties Wednesday challenges are continuing and I am down to the wire!

I used make a splash Sophia! I am LOVING using my sewing machine on my cards. I received it as a gift from my mom last Christmas and I NEVER have sewed before! So I am learning and my stitches are getting straighter!!! So Jodi over on Confessions of a ribbon addict has this great Q&A about sewing on cards. She recommends this thread that is XP super thick and it is sold at Joann's. Well I have thread from Wal-mart and I was Leary if there really was a difference. OMG their is! if you look closely at the card you will notice I actually made this card in pieces over a few days. the larger square (card base) was stitched with my wal-mart thread and the circle and smaller thread was stitched with my new super thick thread.....can you see how much brighter and thicker it looks!

3 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Lisa this is adorable!!!
the stitching looks great, I'll have to read the sewing tips! Thanks for the link!
enjoy your day!
blessings!

Heather said...

This is SOOO cut! I love all of the stitching!!!

Delia said...

Beautiful card, love your coloring and choice of DP. Thanks for sharing.

Copyright

Copyrighted material

All content included on my site is COPYRIGHT ©2008-2011 Lisa Helmts-Rasmussen. Original artwork is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication, submissions, or design contests. If you use any of my designs or CASE my work please give credit where credit is due.

I do receive some products either at a discount or for free in receipt of design work.