CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 2, 2012

MFT GD---Get Well Soon!

Hi!  Hope you guys are having a fabulous January so far :)  I am on vacation from school until the 24th of this month so I am trying to get my stamp room/office/hubby's office all clean and organized so as soon as school starts I can keep up on my design commitments and study and not be surrounded by boxes!  I am proud that I am getting rid of sooo much stuff and that I actually can find the stuff I am keeping.  OK enough chit chat! 

I was able to find some time to join in the MFT Guest Designer contest found HERE.  The challenge was to Paper Piece!  So much fun!  I have really liked the look of cutting out layers and creating dimension so I have been doing that a lot lately.  Plus I LOVE the a la modes!  They are adorable!  I used Oh Baby on my project. 

I had my image all colored up but I wanted to wait to complete my card until my package of fabulous dienamics arrived!!!  I stocked up with the MFT after Christmas sale!



 I stamped the image on neenah white paper and colored with copics.  The design paper is from Cosmo Cricket-Material Girl-In Stitches.  I used the Open Bracket border dienamic and the mini tab quartet die.  Can I just say that the mini tab collection is a MUST HAVE!!!!  I love it cause it fits soooo many sentiments!  The sentiment is from MFT Who's That Girl Rain or Shine.  The sentiment is actually straight but I punched out the tabs and used it as a guide to curve the clear stamp on the acrylic block.  It was a perfect fit!  I love that this image doesn't just have to be a baby card!


A quick tip!  If you would like a layering mat for your mini tab sentiment layer then take a pencil and trace around the die and cut it out!  Worked perfectly here!

Supplies Used:  Stamps: MFT-A la mode (Oh Baby), MFT-WTG (Rain or Shine) Paper: Neenah, SU Old Olive, SU So Safron, Cosmo Cricket, Copics: Sketch and Ciao-Skin (R20, E00) Hair (E27, E47, E55, E25)  Bear (YG63, YG67, RV21) Pants and Shoes (B45) Shadow (N1)  Punches/Dies: Corner Rounder punch, MFT-Open Bracket Border, MFT-Mini Tab Quartet Dienamic Other: Making Memories brads, Twill ribbon, Cuttlebug Polka Dot embossing folder. 

No comments:

Copyright

Copyrighted material

All content included on my site is COPYRIGHT ©2008-2011 Lisa Helmts-Rasmussen. Original artwork is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication, submissions, or design contests. If you use any of my designs or CASE my work please give credit where credit is due.

I do receive some products either at a discount or for free in receipt of design work.