CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Creative Thanks~Challenge


Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful week. I want to say thank you to all who played in our last challenge. Hopefully you all will find inspiration this week. It was so much fun to see every one's creations. OK so for the details:

This challenge is about being thankful. With Thanksgiving here in the US this Thursday I thought it would be appropriate to be thankful for our crafting stuff. So the challenge is: What tool or embellishment are you MOST thankful for and that will be the predominant focus of your card. (Paper cutter, any type of adhesive, and any type of paper do not count) If you elect to be thankful to ribbon you may only use ribbon (no brads, baubles, glitter, etc.) but you may use any and all tools you would like. If you elect to be thankful to your cuttlebug you may ONLY use your cuttle bug (No big bite, no punches, no other accessories that can be used with any other tools) but you may use all the embellishments you would like. Make sure to put down what tool/embellishment you are using and why you are most thankful for it! Whew hope that wasn't too confusing :)

I used An Extra Little Blessing for my project. I thought it would be appropriate for the holiday this week. I used the pillow box die to make a place card for the place setting for Thanksgiving. I have this pretty fall colored ribbon wrapped around the pillow box. I am most thankful for my cuttlebug cause it allows me to do and try so many things and it is so easy to use. It is also the "first" major tool purchase I made for myself when I first started stamping so I have a very big soft spot for my lil bug.

Here are the little slips of paper I made for everyone to write down the things they are most grateful for. I thought as a family this would be nice to have everyone write them down and put them in the pillow box. We will pass the box around and randomly draw one to read and share as a family.

OK now for the fun stuff! We want you to play along! Get some inspiration and show us your creativity!!! Of course their are rules. You must be a Creative Clear Stamps follower (super easy! In the side bar click follow) And of course you will have a chance to shine. Post your creation using the mr. widget below. You don't have to use Creative Clear Stamps but of course it is always a bonus if you do! You have until Sunday Night 11/29/09 at 8pm cst (9pm eastern, 6pm pacific). The prize each week will be a "CCS Challenge Winner" Badge to display on your blog and a personal discount code of 10% off your next CCS store purchase.Make sure you use CCS8 when you post your creation on splitcoast! Don't forget to display your winning badge so you can be in the running for a guest designer spot!





1 comment:

jaydee said...

Lisa - I love your idea of the thankful box. what a fabulously creative and positive thing to do on thanksgiving! BTW... your wedding picture is stunning! you look gorgeous - but more importantly, happy and serene! congratulations on such a major milestone. have a fabulous thanksgiving!
jaydee

Copyright

Copyrighted material

All content included on my site is COPYRIGHT ©2008-2011 Lisa Helmts-Rasmussen. Original artwork is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication, submissions, or design contests. If you use any of my designs or CASE my work please give credit where credit is due.

I do receive some products either at a discount or for free in receipt of design work.