CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Flame Broilin Tutorial

Hi All!

I have a FUN and EASY tutorial for you today!  I love this adorable High Hopes image called Flame Broilen.   I knew as soon as I saw this image I wanted to use foil.  As in aluminum foil for cooking!  I figured since it is so flexible it would probably hold a shape!

I started by stamping my image as I usually do.  If I am coloring with copics I ALWAYS use Memento Black.  Never, ever, ever smears!

 Here is my image colored.

Here are the copics I used.

 I have used foil before and I like to use heavy duty because the shape stays better. 

 I usually just rip a sheet off then I place in my embossing folder (you can use ANY embossing folder-I have not tried an impression plate so since that is a lighter impression I am not sure how that will work). 

Once it is embossed I gently trim the edges in my table top trimmer.  DO NOT push down very hard because you can flatten the shape right out!

I don't use my tape runner on the foil but I do use glue dots on the paper I am attaching it too.  I also used a brad this time to keep my place.  I used some of the cool new brads that the store carries!  They look like screws!

 Once everything is attached I completed the rest of my card!  Isn't this a cool effect and super awesome for the men!  A very cheap way to make your own patterned paper too cause a 50 foot roll was only a few dollars!
I hope you enjoyed and I can not wait to see what everyone makes!  If you use this tutorial definitely link in the comments I would love to see what you have done!

No comments:

Copyright

Copyrighted material

All content included on my site is COPYRIGHT ©2008-2011 Lisa Helmts-Rasmussen. Original artwork is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication, submissions, or design contests. If you use any of my designs or CASE my work please give credit where credit is due.

I do receive some products either at a discount or for free in receipt of design work.