CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Firecracker Designs is having a spring fling!

Well we were challenged to make a spring themed card.....Since we have been having wonderful spring like weather which has kicked up my horrible spring time allergies I did think about doing an ode to tissue. But since Pam did not have that in my stamp set it was hard to try to include. To be honest this was not the first "thing" I made for the blog hop and as much as I hate to use the excuse my dog ate it....he really did. With the wedding plans in motion he is not getting as much attention as he used to and has been a little terror lately (chewed up the fiance's favorite ball cap, my slippers, his slippers, and of course my stamp project...) So here is my other project:

I hadn't paper pieced in awhile and wanted to break myself back in so I paper pieced this little guys "home" and colored him with my new copic markers. I added a little glitter to his nose, and used nestabilities for all the cut outs. I used a cuttle bug embossing folder for the birds and swirls on the background. I hope you like all of the creations. make sure you go all the way through and if you are starting here start at Pam's blog. The stamp set I used was one of the new sets called "you quack me up!"

Of course the blog hop is not over yet, you must visit the super talented Julie. She does fabulous work and if you have some extra time peek at her project spotlighted on Pam's Blog.

Have a wonderful hop and hope that tux shopping for me goes well why you all have fun! good luck to all of your for the special blog treat....

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very sweet Lisa!! I love your sweet little duck with paper pieced egg shell!! So sweet!! :)

Heather said...

This is totally adorable! Great card!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so cute, Lisa! I love the paper piecing and super color combo. Your little duckie is so adorable. Wonderful job, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa...you have the wrong link for Julie's post, can you please change the link? Thank you!

Lulu said...

Adorable! It just makes you smile!

Ursula said...

Awww, how cute!! I love his little paper-pieced home! Nice wrok!
I'm sorry about your dog eating your homework! LOL
Good luck with the tux shopping! :o)

Stef H said...

Fabulous card! That sentiment is perfect for it, too. Love your story. Make me laugh out loud!

Nancy said...

He's an adorable little duck...so much personality! Thanks for the great blog hop! Great card!

FireCracker082 said...

cute cute cute!! LOVE the polka dots shell too!! great combination of colors !

Denise Clark said...

Awww..so sweet! Love the image with the sentiment! Adorable!

Marie said...

You did a good job pulling all the elements in your card together. I also love your choice of bold colors.

Anonymous said...

Great paper piecing. Now what are you going to do about that dog? Have yourself wonderful stamping day.

Trish in Wisconsin

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I had to laugh at this image and sentiment...My little brother used to do that with my Mom all the time! Thanks for reminding me howw cute he was as a little boy!! I love the paper piecing!!

ragsnpaint said...

I hadn't thought of that chickie as saying "this much", but it is perfect. Cute!

Diane said...

Very cute!

very_inky_fingers said...

You did a beautiful job in spite of allergies, tissues and hungry dog. Great card!!

Libby Hickson said...

This is so adorable Lisa! Just love the polka dotted egg!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Tooo cute!! I just love the paper pieced egg and the sentiment you used. My son and I always say that back and forth to each other and this would be just the perfect card for that. Great job!

Lyn S said...

Adorable, fun card!

kc_froglady said...

Sorry the dog is acting up...Hopefully once things settle down he will revert back to his ole self! Love the way you paper pieced the egg here! Great idea! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Cute sentiment. Hope the wedding goes off smoothly.

Swedie

Regina said...

What a cute card! I love the layout and the colours you have used are really pretty.
Greetings Regina from Germany

bumblebee creations said...

Love your little ducky! he is so cute!! love how you have him colored too!

Copyright

Copyrighted material

All content included on my site is COPYRIGHT ©2008-2011 Lisa Helmts-Rasmussen. Original artwork is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication, submissions, or design contests. If you use any of my designs or CASE my work please give credit where credit is due.

I do receive some products either at a discount or for free in receipt of design work.